Adult Faith Formation Director
Contact me for:
- Answers to questions about Catholic faith and practice
- Preparing to enter the Catholic Church, if you are not already Catholic
- Reconnecting with the Catholic Church if you are Catholic but not currently practicing
- Finding a Bible Study or other adult education program
- Finding a Bible Study or other Adult Faith Formation program
- Joining a group of SJN parishioners (men, women, neighbors) to learn more about sharing your experiences of faith
- Preparing a child between ages 8 and 13 for Baptism and/or First Communion
Paul Stokell, our Director of Adult Faith Formation & Christian Initiation, is originally from Louisville, KY.
For nearly 15 years he was a Lay Ecclesial Minister and Catechist in the Archdiocese of Louisville, KY and the Archdiocese of Oklahoma City, OK before moving to the Columbus area in 2011. Paul’s first appearance in Sunbury was later that year, for a series of talks on the new English translation of the Mass. Before joining the Staff at SJN he taught High School Theology at St. Francis deSales in Columbus and served as Director of Religious Education at St. Paul the Apostle Church in Westerville. He was also a member of the Theology faculty at Ohio Dominican University in Columbus.
Paul has a B.A. in English and a Master of Theological Studies degree from Saint Meinrad Seminary & School of Theology in Indiana. He also holds certifications in Liturgy and Catechesis from the Archdiocese of Louisville, and as a Master Catechist from the Diocese of Columbus. He has also studied at Saint Mary’s Seminary & University in Baltimore, MD and is a member of the American Academy of Religion.
Paul is married to Kim, also a Kentucky native; together they are parents of Abigail (18), Ian (14) and Emma (7). He enjoys staying current in national and international affairs, popular and internet culture, and the contemporary Church. While Paul and his family cheer for the Buckeyes, they are first and foremost fans of the University of Louisville and the University of Kentucky…except when they play each other (Go Cards)!